Wayne Community College is a public, learning-centered, institution with an open-door admission policy. Its mission is to meet the educational, training, and cultural needs of the community it serves. As it works to develop a highly skilled and competitive workforce, the college serves 11,000 individuals annually as well as businesses, industry, and community organizations with high quality, affordable, accessible learning opportunities.
WCC offers classes on its 175-acre campus, on Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, in communities throughout Wayne County, and online, - days, evenings, and weekends.
* 140+ certificates, diplomas, and degrees in college transfer (associate degrees in arts, science, and engineering), allied health and public services, applied technologies, business and computer technologies, and public safety);
* Career and College Promise (tuition-free college courses for qualified high school students;
* Workforce Continuing Education (human resources development, occupational, and leisure courses);
* Basic Skills Program (Adult High School, High School Equivalency, and English Language Acquisition);
* Wayne Business and Industry Center: WORKS Initiative (National Career Readiness Certificate preparation and testing), Small Business Center, Military Business Center, Customized Training, Soft Skills Training;
* Foundation of WCC (Arts and Humanities Programs, scholarships, employee awards and grants);
* and a five-star child care center.
WCC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees.
- Academic Programs - 140+ certificates, diplomas, and degrees
- Workforce Continuing Education and Basic Skills Program
- Wayne Business & Industry Center: Small Business Center, Military Business Center, National Career Readiness Certificate
- Foundation of Wayne Community College - scholarships, employee awards & grants, community arts & humanities programs
- Military Students - Serving Active Duty, Veterans, Reservists, Spouses and Dependents on campus and on SJAFB